Tools Within the LMS
I used Canvas previously and it consist of the following tools:
- Modules- includes the layout or sequencing of course.
- Assignments - sort of like checklist of class assignments
- Discussions - the collaboration aspect of the course
- Syllabus - direct link to the syllabus
- Quizzes - depending on the type of course this can be essential because it allows for immediate feedback
- Grades - ability for students to track grades as well as measure progress in course.
- Announcements -- area to make announcements as well set reminders for assignments
- Files - where you can upload information and files for the course.
- Outcomes - area for learning outcomes and objectives.
- Collaborations - students are able to work together using websites like Google+ and Hangout