Sunday, February 16, 2014

Participate 4.1.3 Digital Health



What is the most proactive means of ensuring the most balanced blend of technology and well-being?

Scheduling time away from the computer to do things like exercising, cooking a healthy meal, reading a book, or relaxing are is important ways to ensure that you have a balanced blend of technology and well-being. Being a full-time teacher and graduate student, I have limited amounts of time that I am not working on a lesson plan or project. However, since July 2013, I have began to make my life and health a priority. It is important that  I would work out at least daily and make healthy food choices. As an educator, it is my responsibility to teach students how to balance their online lives with reality. Essentially, I try to walk away from the computer and avoid sitting for long periods of time. 


What can students and teachers do to make sure they get the most from technology while simultaneously safeguarding good health?

Students and teachers should be sure to unplug from both the computer and other forms of technology by working out or reading a book. It can help to specifically schedule this time. They can make sure to drink plenty of water, take breaks, and stay away from sugary snacks when on the computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment